Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hey Bug :)

It's Easter Sunday today.  Families are gathering together, eating ham, playing games, finding treats and remembering our Savior. You and I are home today, this is the second year we have missed out.  You've had pretty bad anxiety attacks since your physical therapy appointment last Wednesday.  We woke you up when you thought you were suppose to be asleep, and were in a strange place. You still haven't slept well since. You are getting better though :)

Your fit started at 11:00 am today and lasted until you fell asleep at 3:00 pm. So Bronco was picked up by Papa Scott and he and Daddy are doing Easter with Papa Scott and Grandma Mimi. Next year will be our year :) I just know it.

The weather is beautiful dear.  The sun is bright and warm, like the feeling you get in your heart when I hold you close and tell you how much I love you.  The grass is green and probably feels like Daddy's gruff, so you'll love it.

I imagine it was a day like this when our brother, Jesus Christ, rose from his 3 day slumber. When I think about what He did for us it warms my heart...like the sun.  The ultimate sacrifice was made by Heavenly Father, who "gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish but have everlasting life" (*John 3:16). Heavenly Father has so much faith in the goodness of his children, that he sent his only begotten to atone for the sins we might make in this life.  He also, to me, teaches another lesson; to be a mother and a father means to sacrifice things you love to be closer to your children.

On a day like today, Abigail, when everything seems to have gone wrong this week, and I have felt bad for not being able to do things with others, it helps to remember that lesson.  Times are hard right now for you, and that means I have to sacrifice whatever desires or needs I have, to make sure you  make it through (this doesn't mean I don't need sleep once in a while).

I also know, that Heavenly Father doesn't send each of us to this earth without giving us a purpose, a divine reason for being. For me, being the best mother possible to you and your brother is my purpose. I don't know yet, what He has in store for you little one. Or what divine reasoning Heavenly Father has for your blindness. But I do know, however dark your world might be, that so many people will see in ways they never imagined, because of you. I know your father and I already do, and the light that radiates from your blue eyes every time you smile, will illuminate your path through life. Rely on your Heavenly Father, Savoir, and your heart to guide you through life's difficult times and you'll come out more than okay. You are going to be a strong, beautiful woman some day, and I look forward to helping you get there. No matter what sacrifices we have to make, it'll all be worth our while.

Happy Easter Bugaboo,

xoxoxo Mom <3

No comments:

Post a Comment