Monday, March 26, 2012

Hey Baby Girl,

This month certainly has been a busy one! We've started with the Infant/Toddler program. Your father and I are learning Braille so we can be prepared to teach you and share in that part of your life. We move to a new house, (it's actually a house, not just a dinky apartment). I know this move might be scary for you at first, you'll have relearn the boundaries, but we'll have so many new adventures to embark on! When we move, I am going to do a blog giving tutorials on how to decorate a room for a blind child, and blog about all the new things we will learn together as a family. 

Last week you and your brother got sick. He felt better the next day, but it took you four days to smile and eat again. We're happy to have you back Bug :)! Spring is just around the corner and I cannot wait to begin exploring the outdoors with you and Bronco.  Bronco is afraid of the grass. Grass is green, the color of new life, and it varies from soft to prickly. You didn't like to sit on it last summer because it poked your legs, but seeing as how you like Daddy's gruff, you might like it this year! 

You have been extremely clingy lately.  We know you're learning and growing, and sometimes it can be a scary thing. But your brother needs to be held and played with too. I keep praying that angels will hold you and sing to you, when I cannot.  You're going to be a big sister again in June, and mommy's going to need all the help she can get.  We'll live just a minutes walk away from Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's, and not too far from all your other cousins.  You'll get to spend lots of time with Nana Johnson, since she'll be helping out.  

Though things are stressful right now, I know we can get through these harder times.  As you get older, things will get easier.  I just have to keep reminding myself that these next few years are going to fly by, and I need to enjoy the journey.  I love you sweet girl, and pray for you and your brother nightly.

xoxo Mom  

1 comment:

  1. Abby is so unbelievably blessed to have you for a mother. Heavenly Father knew exactly who to send this beautiful angel too! I love you Leandra! And when you move closer I am excited to be there for you much more.

    ReplyDelete