Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Inspiration!

Abby Baby,

You have been a little soldier lately.   Your persistence to stand on your own grows more each day.  And today you inspired me greatly.  Attempting to stand in your play yard you slipped and struck your jaw on the railing.  Blood filled your mouth and you screamed out in pain.  I was immeadtely at your side and held you close.  In just a minute you stopped crying and let me clean you up.  As I examined you I could not see where you had bit yourself.  I know that God had healed your wound.

I was worried that your accident would deter you from trying to stand again.  But much to my surprise you were back playing and getting on your feet in moments! I didn't know whether to cry or just smile.  Here you were, a fragile sick girl, showing strength and ability beyond your illness and teaching your mother yet another lesson.

I cannot tell you how many times I have cleaned and thirty minutes later everything is a mess again.  I feel defeated day after day as I watch things I cannot control take the reins in my life.  I fall time and time again in despair, frustration and exhaustion. But then I see you, overcoming obstacles and defeating the odds.  So tonight I decided to take after you and take charge of what I can change.

Abigail, you would be so proud to see all the work I did tonight. I swept and mopped like Cinderella,  organized like a soldier,  and loved every minute of it! As I finished I relaxed, I mean really relaxed.  I took a deep breath and let it all out. I let out all the stress and depression and sat in wonderment that  a little angel like you, brought this out of me.  You help me to be the woman Heavenly Father intended me to be. I am amazed at the many lessons you teach me every day.

I guess it's true that we learn more from children than they do from us.  You are climbing mountains each day and leaving a glorious trail of light for others to follow.  I love you so much and am blessed dearly to have you.

Love Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment