Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring is in the Air!

Dear Abigail,

The weather has been so beautiful lately! Last week it was 70 out side! I dressed you in the cutest little spring outfit and put her air in pigtails.  Once we stepped outside you turned your rosy cheeks to the sun and grinned as its rays kissed your skin! The sun in big and round, like you tennis ball just a million times bigger!!! And it's warms like your bath, but it can be hot like the stove.

Flowers are starting to play peak-a-boo with the gardens and the occasional blue, pink and yellow petals are sure signs spring is in the air.

My favorite flowers are white lilies. They are tall, with one large petal that wraps around the tip of the stem.  Some people call them Easter Lilies.  I like to put them on the table with some roses and leaves mixed in.

I think about how beautiful all these things look and I get sad you can't see them.  But then I smell the sweet pollen and the feel the silkiness of the petals and I am happy again. Happy because you taught me to remember all the good things I seem to forget about God's beauty on Earth.  You teach me more than I could ever learn if you had your sight.

I should get going, Bronco is about to fall asleep and you're looking tired too.  I love you and I'll write again soon!

Love mom




No comments:

Post a Comment